Meet Your Photographer
" The stories we love best do live in us forever" - JK Rowling
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind"
- CS Lewis
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all" -Helen Keller
I have loved photography since I was young, as my (late) father was a gadget collector and documented his time traveling the world (with the US Army Field band) and the United States with our family (via GMC van turned camper). I lovingly share my passion of photography and travel with the beautiful memories my family made around them.
RLphoto unofficially started in 2011, officially birthed in 2012, after going back to school with a concentration in digital photography. I never expected to share my photography by becoming a family photographer, but the opportunities continued to fall into my lap. You can call me a professional, an enthusiast or a hobbyist. I have no problem being all three! I am a part time photographer who has the heart & love for people and their stories. My own story has more recently included the loss of my father, experiencing my mother's battle with Alzheimer's and my own close call with death when I birthed my 29 week old miracle baby (my one & only, Scarlet). Since this last experience, and as I still suffer some effects of PTSD, I realize how important documenting REAL moments are. Not just for us but those around us and after we are gone. Everyone deserves to be present in the moment and in their family portraits.
Your memories are very dear to me, and in that way photography is a unique art of story telling which I fall in love with, continuously, in each family & moment that I capture.
A few random things about me:
1. If I could eat one dish for the rest of my life: Thai Massaman Curry
2. My drink of choice: Rich & smooth espresso (coffee snob here)
3. Mostly likely to binge watch: Friends, Dateline on ID, Parenthood, Big Brother
4. My favorite things to do on my day off: Sleep, a long run alone, cozy up with a good fiction novel (love Tana French, sad & well written dramas, Hogwarts alumni here!)
5. On any given day, you'll likely find me in: Jeans, a t-shirt & LLBean slippers
6. My bucket list: Live in Europe & travel with my little family, attend the Oscar's, see the Northern Lights, attend the Olympics, see my daughter grow up, get back into the darkroom one day!
7. My proudest moments: Experiencing each milestone of motherhood, running a half marathon, moving to Boston at 25 years old to live independently, diving back into photography even with so much insecurity and fear.
8. My quirks: I have tomato-phobia, I love winter, cloudy days & rain, wasting food gives me anxiety, I'm obsessed with Scotland, leggings are not pants, I love people but like doing most things alone, I suffer from a disorder currently diagnosed as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
9. Guilty Pleasures: Ice cream (all year!!), competitive reality tv (Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race), investigative news shows, massages, grilled cheese with peanut butter
10. Three words to describe myself: hopeful, organized, wanderlust-ful